Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Feliz Navidad

Well, cannot say i am happy to spend another Xmas away from home, especially here in this little backward town in Patagonia, but that is how it goes I guess....

Comodoro Rivadavia is my current location. Had lunch at the local Petrobras gas station, which is about the only place open in this town. I asked for tacos off of the ¨Mexican menu¨and ended up getting fajitas. I asked two different waitresses (yes, there where waitresses in this gas station...) if my meal was the tacos and they both said yes. Just because the all speak Spanish certainly doesn´t give them the same concept when it comes to food.

Speaking of food, actually, one of the things I am going to miss most about Argentina is the asado or barbecue. When the Argentines go to have an asado they basically grill up a ton of meat, add a little salad and bread, and along with some red wine go to town. No potatoes or other extras that you don´t want or need. Mostly just a lot of good meat.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Cities_of_Tierra_del_Fuego.png

No comments:

Post a Comment